Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Welcome to my Comic Creations Blog!

This blog is a branch off of my blog 'Becoming a Better Artist' and is going to be the focus of my own comic book style drawings and character creation etc.
Some of the comic book drawings I will do will still make it onto the other blog, after all that is what that blog was made for. For those who don't know my other blog is aimed at improving my overall art skills with a slightly larger focus on comic book style drawings.

This blog, let's get back on track, is going to be the hub of all of my own comic book creations. That is different types of powers, characters, costumes, places, races and all of the other kinds of things you can find in comic books.

I suppose I should specify that the types of comic books I am referring to are Super Hero comic books, but if I have ideas for other types they will come here as well. Let's not forget that there are Sonic the Hedgehog comic books, X-Files ones and similar. Pretty much anything could be a comic book but as I have said my focus will be Super Hero ones.

Most of the posts will contain pictures of ideas and hopefully I will progress into actually making an online comic that you could read and even give me comments and criticism on, feedback is always useful when it is constructive so please nothing like 'that's crap', if you think it is crap then give me a reason why and an idea how to make it better. If you don't I will just dismiss your comment.

Obviously I wouldn't begin a blog like this if I did not already have some ideas, that would be a bit silly. Please note that all of the work in the posts on this blog and any of its pages is copyright to me and any disputes will be settled by the Law of England and Wales. By reading this blog and the posts it contains you agree to these terms.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way and the stuff that makes me sound a bit nasty and protective we can carry on with the blog as intended.

You know, as someone who enjoys the comic book world I don't own any Super Hero comics. The only comics I own are some Beano and Dandy comics from when I was a child and a few battered Sonic ones. That being said I have always liked the comic book style and eagerly watched the X-men cartoons along with He-man and Thundercats. Let's not forget Spider-man or Batman either. I even used to watch the old television series of Superman and the Hulk.

I have played the games and I have spent far too much time online reading up about my favourite characters and then reading about the ones I didn't know about. The comic world is vast and combines both fantasy and science-fiction and it combines stories with art.

I hope that those of you who read this blog like my ideas and subsequently the comic I plan to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment